WROUGHT Festival is a festival that focuses purely on One-to-One (one audience member and one performer) and micro-audience (audiences of 20 people or fewer) performance. These intimate dynamics produce unique experiences and opportunities for genuine connection and participation. The audience member is immersed in, and vital to, the piece.
WROUGHT Festival 2016 is happening from the 15th to the 17th April 2016 at The Hide on Scotland Street, Sheffield, S3 7AA.
- 5 local Emerging Artists
- 5 national Emerging Artists
- Established Artists working in one-to-one such as Sophie Grodin and Ellie Stamp, Ant Hampton and Gert-Jan Stam, Ellie Harrison and Jaye Kearney and Silvia Mercuriali
- Established Artists working in micro-performance such as Third Angel, Leo Burtin, and Michael Pinchbeck
- Performances across the city in non-theatrical spaces: in a pub, on a bus, in a hotel room.
- Unticketed performances and art installations
- Creative documentation
- An open discussion free to all
- Percy and Lily’s
- Mugen Tea House
- Tickets cost £10
There is so much to explore. See the schedule here, or go to our ticketing page for more details.
If you haven’t already, you can sign up to the mailing list to hear about confirmed Established Artists, ticket details, workshops etc. – email us at email@example.com if you’d like to be added.
* * * * * * *
The inaugural WROUGHT Festival took place in Sheffield on 11th – 12th October 2014 at the Hide with performances by 14 artists across the two days. It concluded with an inspiring post-festival panel discussion.
Thank you to everyone who supported us to make this festival happen.
* * * * * * * *
Photos by Gwilym Lawrence